Monday, February 7, 2011

Plus/Minus and It's Good to Be In Love

I already recorded two songs for January: Ettison Clio's Plus/Minus and Frou Frou's It's Good to Be In Love. Below are my posts from facebook about both of those.

Plus/Minus

Posted January 16, 2011

So, I've been planning this project since November. I was afraid that it would become like most resolutions I have set and never actually happen. With that in mind, I selected the first song on my Top Rated shuffle, knowing that whatever came up would make or break this project.

I couldn't have been happier with what was selected: Ettison Clio's Plus/Minus.

Anyone who knew me between 2002 and 2006 also knew me as a huge fan and street teamer for Ettison Clio (their button is still on my favorite hat). Despite being one of the best things about indie music, they broke up right before my mission. Their CD, This is for the Blue Collars, is still one of my favorites.

In this project, I do not hope or expect to produce anything close to the quality of the originals. In the words of Jack Black, this is a tribute.

I am pleased to unveil "Plus/Minus"!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_6793266

It's Good to Be In Love

Posted January 31, 2011

For my second song, I asked my wife Abby to pick a number between 1 and 1552; she picked 21. Number 21 on my shuffle was "It's Good to Be In Love" by Frou Frou. The first thing I said was, "you picked me another song by a girl!" Though it would be impossible to ever do justice to Imogen Heap with vocals like mine, I am very pleased with how this song turned out.

I recommend listening to this song with headphones. Enjoy!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7037456

No comments:

Post a Comment